February 3, 2012

Here we go... again

All right, so I'll be the first to fully admit when it comes to blogging I'm very much a love the concept, not so great at actually making it happen sort of person. I think in the time span of only a few years I have written started designed a layout for over a handful and never went any further. Really, the only time I somewhat kept one up-to-date was during out wedding and I created one of those wed-sites in order to have a central hub for everyone involved. Mostly that was purely selfishly motivated as to not have to answer endless emails and to avoid lots of phone calls (not a fan of the long phone conversation- to me, text messaging was one of the best inventions EVER).

So, why try writing yet another online masterpiece? Good question. In a way the blogosphere has a strange siren-call that I can't ignore. Well, can't ignore so much that I at least make the initial effort to start something and may or may not continue what I started. It's really and odd habit being someone who doesn't like to start something and not finish.

Speaking of starting, one of the best and trickiest things of a blog is coming up with a name that is 1)fitting to the writer, 2)fun and eye-catching, and 3)not all ready taken. The last being probably the hardest. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to start a blog (oh wait, I'm pretty sure you do) and found the name I decided would be more than perfect was taken by someone who hadn't written for years. Yes, pot calling the kettle black, but I'm fairly sure the titles I've gone with no one else will want. Hopefully. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry and I promise to... feel sorry... yeah.

All that being said, the title of this one is courtesy of my wonderful husband. And (not) surprisingly, it wasn't all ready claimed! I thought, considering what I want this blog to be, it couldn't be more appropriate. My goal with this blog is to be able to do what I didn't feel I could do in others. Mostly the past blogs I've started have partially revolved around my marriage, or coupledom or other things of that matter, and although all very important to me, it wasn't the right outlet for the gazillion other thoughts and musings that come through this insane mind of mine that don't have anything what so ever to do with marriage, etc. I mean, sometimes a girl just needs a place to rant about running, enthuse about an awesome find on Pinterest, or just a place to put endless pictures of cute animals.

Ok, so maybe the latter is fairly unlikely, but you get the point. I wanted a place that was mine. Not having to worry about the post not relating to whatever the theme of the blog is because this ones "theme" is me.

Anyway, I guess in a way that's a pre-cursor for somewhat of a disclaimer stating I in no way make any sort of promises to keep this super up-to-date. If something inspires me to write, so it will be. I've learned from past blogging attempts, that I would always make a "promise" of sorts in the post in order to motivate myself to write again. Obviously, it was a fruitless effort, so in a way, I'm trying to reverse psychology to it all... yeah, that's it. So enjoy, hate, don't feel strongly either way, but either way, thank you for reading and hope to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment